Original Log-In Screen

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
TC25

Original Log-In Screen

Post by TC25 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:42 pm

Hello WoW-Mania

I just wanted to ask someone (mostly the admins) if there is a way I can use the original WoLK log in screen, you know, the background showing Icecrown and the dragon flying in to land, ect. I want it to feel more like the WoLK expansion and I just love the original, so does anybody know how I can get it to show?

p.s. I already tried taking out some of the patches and that don't work and one of those patches has to be in the data folder or the game will not run

Aprovleptos94

Re: Original Log-In Screen

Post by Aprovleptos94 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:55 am

I don't know why you would not like the launcher's login screen its very good and also sometimes it changes.

I mean it has not the same background each time you login/logout

Therefore i think if you ge the original client and just change the realmlist as long as it is a 3.3.5a client i think it will work

Cheers

kuurtjes

Re: Original Log-In Screen

Post by kuurtjes » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:17 pm

You can look for a LoginUI.lua script. It allows you to change multiple things about the login screen. It's used primarily for multi-boxing as it also allows saving of login credentials. It can be used to choose what backgrounds are used and even what sounds are played in the background. :)

Here is an example: https://pastebin.com/raw/G87V9fGK
Save it as: /WoW-Mania/Interface/LoginUI.lua

It sometimes give troubles when the server went down but the auth server is up. Renaming the file, connecting to the server and renaming it back mostly fixes it.

Have fun.