New Problem-Acting Like Monster Lag-Need Suggestions

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
LegionPrime

New Problem-Acting Like Monster Lag-Need Suggestions

Post by LegionPrime » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:36 am

I have a new issue and could use some suggestions.
After the latest Windows 10 update I cannot play Wow-Mania, this issue did not happen until the cursed Win10 update.
PROBLEM: all my alts act like it is on a monster lag, I can only move one button at a time, for example I can only push a movement button and let go - then it hesitates 5-10 sec before moving one space.
I have tested all alts, updating video card drivers, changing video res specs, disabling all addons, clearing cache, nothing I do helps. The only one that was a close one was deleting the cache which allowed my character to run maybe 50 feet before doing its thing again. I always use the launcher and it was updated to the latest, also run it as administrator like we are instructed to. On a side note and out of curiosity I get the same issue bypassing the launcher and running the exe instead.
On a secondary testing note - I can play just fine on other graphics intensive games - I played Fortnite Save the World and also Guild Wars 2 with absolutely no issues. After playing them I switched back to my fav game WOTLK and could only move slower than the turtle mount.
Anyone else with this issue or know a work-around?
ADDITIONAL: Next day redownloaded and reinstalled launcher, set as admin, no change. Also tried mult compatibility modes, no change. When I launch the launcher it takes 4 to 5 minutes to launch, It looks like Windows has frozen but it eventually comes up. Once again I can play other games - just not this one.
ADDITIONAL-NEXT DAY: rolled Win10 update back to previous, still no change.
I can't figure this one out, this has me stumped. I'm going to miss this place.

LegionPrime

Re: New Problem-Acting Like Monster Lag-Need Suggestions

Post by LegionPrime » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:25 pm

Finally figured it out!
It was my (insert bad word here) Antivirus!
I turned it off and now back to normal...dang it all...can't believe I wasted that much time.
Now I need to add exceptions for this game, hopefully this will help someone else later.