Windowed Mode

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
MooGoo

Windowed Mode

Post by MooGoo » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi just joined

I would normally post in tech support but I'm not having a connection issue, I and my friend are trying to run in windowed mode but when we click it the screen just goes black and we have to hit ESC and it is still in Fullscreen.

Any ideas on what we can do, I want to get the game on a 2nd monitor but cannot move it and with all the emails and stuff I need to see for work I would just like to be able to mouse across monitors. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

MAGIUS

Re: Windowed Mode

Post by MAGIUS » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:23 am

uncheck full screen windowed mode so you can move it. then recheck it to get your full screen back

Xaarell

Post by Xaarell » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:23 pm

I tried everything to get windowed mode to work, then I found the fix that worked for me. When you have the video options box open look down on the bottom right and find the "apply" button. Remember where it is. When you click windowed mode and the screen goes black, move your mouse down to where you remember the "apply" button to be. It's there behind the black. You may have to click around that area a few times but you'll hit it.

Imperio1

Post by Imperio1 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:40 am

Go to your \wowMania-folder\WTF\
Open Config.wtf with a text editor,
Add this line --> SET gxWindow "1"

good luck.

NASJBA

Post by NASJBA » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:16 am

pull out the second monitor and restart, afterwards you'll be able to change settings again. if you don't want to go to technically.

fixed that yesterday for myself