General Support

PVP flag issue

Need support regarding: Connecting issues, launcher issues, website issues or client bugs? Make a thread in here and our staff will be with you shortly.
Forum rules
NOT FOR IN-GAME SUPPORT.

PVP flag issue

Postby Kalasbyxan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:18 pm

Hello!

I am trying to gather information about stickied PVP flags on players. We want to fix this but need to find a link between the affected players to find the error. If you are experiencing a PVP flag that is unwanted and can't be turned off, please provide information there. It can be where you were when you got flagged, how long it's been, simply just any information you can give regarding the issue.

Thank you!
WoW-Mania GM - Arena Season/Reward Responsible - Server Veteran
Kalasbyxan

Re: PVP flag issue

Postby bumlock » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:35 am

I have seen it when doing PVP quests. I have to flag to do the quest, like capture a tower in Terrokar. After capturing it, I can disable PVP and the countdown timer will start. If I stay on playing without doing any PVP, once the timer finishes the PVP flag stays permanent till log out.

PVP quests seems to do it most of the time for me.
bumlock

Postby dunlander » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:25 pm

Blastage mage 80 allied. Cannot turn off PVP. I can turn on PvP then thurn it off to get 5 min timer, After timer ends PvP still on. .Logging out does not clear. Been like this for months. No relief.
dunlander

Postby Enki » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:55 am

I think this has to do with combat flagging...I'll be testing this when I can get back on (if I can get back on) to try to narrow this down a bit further.
Enki

Postby Enki » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:19 am

Well, I was close.
When you're flagged for PVP, any action you take will reset the flag timer.

Things that reset it out of combat:
Summon Charger
Divine Plea
Flash of Light
Eating/drinking (Succulent Orca Stew)
Changing Auras
Landing at a flightpath...?

Things that reset it in combat:
Art of war procs from melee hits (but not melee hits)
Vengance procs from melee hits
Or any ability really

Dismissing buffs doesn't appear to cause a reflag, but changing auras does. If you sit there and do nothing (but travel), you should drop the flag in 5 minutes as per normal (I did anyways).

Probably why people have issues getting it to go away. Until the devs can find a fix for this, just sit tight, and it will fade on its own.
Enki

Postby Kalasbyxan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Thank you Enki for this information! We will look into confirming this as the cause.
WoW-Mania GM - Arena Season/Reward Responsible - Server Veteran
Kalasbyxan

Return to Support