How to Vote

Post your class guide, profession guide or search for one!
Find WoW-Mania's most important guides here!
Osiris

How to Vote

Post by Osiris » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:47 pm

First the basics:
1. You can vote once every 24h per site.
2. Each IP will count only once (Only the account you voted from will be able to receive the vote points).
3. You must be logged in to our website for the votes to count.
4. The vote points will go to the FIRST character you log on for the day. You can still move them around.

STEPS.

1. login to https://www.wow-mania.com/.
2.Click on your account name:

3. Click VOTE, select each of the banners:

4. Do the captcha's correctly then hit VOTE:

5. Click on the WOW-MANIA Banner to return to the website:

We reward double Vote Points during weekends.

What can go wrong?
1. The voting site may not successfully register your vote (This is not our fault and we can unfortunately not do anything about that).
2. Someone in your household already voted from your IP address.
3. If you are using a proxy or VPN you might not get the reward.
4. You voted too early.
5. The site is just not doing its work and not informing us.

You should also pay attention to your in-game chat once you login to your account.

If you encounter any problems by not receiving Vote Points there is, unfortunately, nothing we can do.
Keep in mind that the voting websites are the third party and not WoW-Mania related. We are not able to fix any kind of other issues according to the websites. Therefore we are unable to reward the vote points.
GM Osyris

HOUFTALO

Re: How to Vote

Post by HOUFTALO » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:34 pm

Thanks for the guide.
One question: you mention "you can stil move them [i.e. the points] around".
How can I move points from one character to another (within the same account of course). Back in the old days there was a link in the wow-mania web site, but I can't find it anymore. Some other players told me that I can email them, but whenever I try to do that I get a "you can' t mail soulbound items".

FATNESS

Post by FATNESS » Sun May 10, 2020 7:05 am

You can send your vote points from one character to another by mail.

HOUFTALO

Post by HOUFTALO » Tue May 26, 2020 10:46 am

Are you sure? I can't mail them. I always get the error message "you can't mail soulbount items"

TACHYON

Post by TACHYON » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:44 am

I've been voting every day, the same as I've always voted. All 6 votes from the wow-mania site while logged into my account with no VPN active. I have 315 vote tokens on my character Aseana on my account Tachyon, but the very last vote token showed up on July 13, 2020 - a week ago. No vote token have appeared since then. Also, I notice on the WoW-mania.com website while I am logged into my Tachyon account, it says Vote Tokens: 0

Yet, I also have screenshots of the topsites saying things like "Your vote has been recorded" or "You have voted successfully."
I will keep on voting because the topsites say they're collecting the votes that count to keep WoW-Mania at or near the top of the charts, but it gets disappointing when my last 42 votes have gotten me zero tokens in the game. And I'm wondering why the WoW-mania web site doesn't show ANY of the 315 Vote Tokens I can see in my bags. Did something that's supposed to receive notices from the topsites get broken when 2.7 was deployed?

I am using the current version with the patched launcher, yada, yada, yada, all the standard solutions in the past.
Cache cleared, different browsers tried, addons disabled, blockers disabled, VPN off. Nothing has worked this past week to get me a single more vote point. I'm used to often getting fewer than 6. I don't even mind only getting 1 or two and sometimes no tokens. But getting 0 tokens for 6 votes every day for a solid week seems to be saying something is VERY broken in the links between the topsites and the wow-mania server.

Sorry for the long, all too often heard message about votes not appearing. I will provide an update to this as soon as I get any vote tokens (even 1) , but I will provide an update on July 27 if another solid week goes by with zero votes. And as I pointed out, I have been voting the same way as I was doing when I collected the 315 tokens that Asena has in her bags right now, so please don't tell me I must be doing something wrong. I'm also still wondering about the "Vote tokens: 0" on my account page on the WoW-Mania.com site because I still have 315 in my bags.

Thank you for looking into this. Regardless of vote tokens, I will continue voting and playing this game. It's still the best game with the best GMs (especially Metaxa who has helped me in the past, and Janitor who has managed to create this awesomeness that is WoW-Mania). I will continue with my VIP subscription. ;) Stay safe there everyone!

TACHYON

Post by TACHYON » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:57 am

edit: My character's name is "Asena" - I mistyped it in the post

tjshore

Post by tjshore » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:17 pm

I frequently vote on all six sites. I often obtain the 6 vote tokens. From time to time, however, I am only awarded 1 vote token after voting on all six sites. Is this a common problem for other players? Can anyone suggest a reason for this outcome?

Flutterz

Post by Flutterz » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:40 pm

I vote on 5 of the 6 and I never get more than 2 points, usually just 1. And I think the 2 points might be from double points on the weekend.

Papoutsaki

Post by Papoutsaki » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:35 pm

I have problem, I know it can't fix
But I do all the steps and voting all 6 sites
But i have only 1 point ...why?

DrNoPants

Post by DrNoPants » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 pm

FYI I was only getting 1-2 points, but was voting on all 5. But I was opening all the sites on different tabs and doing them back to back. to keep track of them better. I think that is what was causing my issues.

Now I open one tab, vote. close. repeat. and i am getting my 5-6 points everytime. I hope this helps.