The lags from last days

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.

The lags from last days

Postby stefannel » Tue May 16, 2017 7:51 pm

Hello,
I am writing about the tremendous lags from the last days, especially during EU evenings (6-9 PM)
Is there any extra info about why the happen ?
Is any DDOS attack or is there a flaw in scrips that cause 100% server processor usage ?
It does get quite unaplayble.
Thanks.
stefannel

Re: The lags from last days

Postby Mjolner » Tue May 16, 2017 9:05 pm

I believe they are experiencing some issues. I assure this is not what normal is. From what i've heard, they are working on fixing it. Just be patient, everything will be solved in time :)
Mjolner

Postby Janitor » Tue May 16, 2017 9:20 pm

Not sure if you remember but...
The server has been fine until yesterday when we had some issues caused by ourselves (mistakes) which led to crashes.
Today we spend a long time cleaning the database and tried to keep the server up as much as possible.
Last week we had days on uninterrupted playtime with very low diff times.
So yes we had a couple of bad days in order to improve the service.

We are working on the problems and they should be resolved by tomorrow morning.
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby stefannel » Tue May 16, 2017 9:37 pm

In this case I'd like to suggest the model of Blizzard of providing fixes and patches : on some dedicated days (one per week) they were keeping the realm/server off for 4-5 hours to full deploy the fixes. Maybe it's better to apply this to Redemption rather than doing 10 restarts over 5 days.
"Planned maintenence"
Thanks.
stefannel

Postby Janitor » Wed May 17, 2017 5:33 am

We do it on Wednesdays.
Unless you are asking us to plan our emergencies and unexpected crashes?
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby Metaxa » Wed May 17, 2017 10:16 am

Hello Maniacs!

I would like to use this post to inform you about the restarts on Tuesday 17-05-2017.

We had an active account hacker, who had compromised several accounts, including a GM account. For those who think: “How is this possible”? Well, apparently it is. We raise the security every time, but still it never seems to be at 100%.

But back to Tuesday. It was like a PvP battle 8-) It took a while to get rid of this guy, because he was able to come back after each ban and kick other GM’s.
Don’t ask for details about how, it happened.

The restarts afterwards were a result of undoing the things he did and to raise the security again.

We totally understand that lags and dc’s are frustrating and we really do everything we can to avoid it. We are the most stable wow private server in the world today and we are working everyday (Janitor) to keep it that way
8-)
Thank you all for your patience, you are awesome. :)
Metaxa

Postby Davydov » Thu May 18, 2017 10:37 am

I am happy u were victorious vs That hacker, U guys do a Superb job keep up the good work An Janitor ur Commitment is Admirable Same goes for the wonderful crew of Gm's u have by ur side ;) Nice work everyone :D
Davydov

Return to General Chat