General Support

Login Location

Need support regarding: Connecting issues, launcher issues, website issues or client bugs? Make a thread in here and our staff will be with you shortly.
Forum rules
NOT FOR IN-GAME SUPPORT.

Login Location

Postby Lightmare » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Another page in the odd random things that happen for me...

Anyone else log in and your character is not where you logged out but next to a flight master? It seems to happen every once in a while, but its always the same result. I log in and I'm next to a flight master. The first couple times I thought maybe I was crazy, but then it happened the other day on my long journey from Rachet to Desolace. I made a point to ride up to the night elf area to get the flight point (thankfully) and then started back towards desolace. I had to leave so I logged out a little north of Sun Rock Retreat figuring I'd finish the trip to desolace in the morning. When I logged in the next morning, I was standing next to the flight master in rachet again. I still had the flight point for the NE area, so I know it wasn't a rollback.

This morning it happened again after I installed the update, I flew to SW to get druid training and logged out in the park. Logged back in about 15 minutes later and I was standing next to the flight master in SW.

Both times I used "Exit Game" but I can't seem to reproduce it on-demand. I use the authenticator with my account, so its fairly unlikely someone is logging in as me and just moving me to a flight master as a practical joke.

Just curious if anyone else has had anything like this.
Lightmare

Re: Login Location

Postby Wolchara » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:11 pm

Happened to me as well a few times.
Wolchara

Postby Janitor » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Never seen that. Maybe if you log out in mid-flight.
What is fairly common is to be sent back to your starting area.
I am not sure how I could try to reproduce this.
Let me know if you have some reliable steps.
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby Lightmare » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Unfortunately I have yet to find the magic reproduction steps. Just seems like it randomly happens when I exit game. Not the end of the world, just odd. If I end up cracking the code, I'll log it as a bug
Lightmare

Return to Support