AI Controlled Characters for Dungeon Finder when leveling

Got a good idea to improve the server or some constructive feedback? Post it here.
hollowfiedbeast

AI Controlled Characters for Dungeon Finder when leveling

Post by hollowfiedbeast » Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:00 am

Hello all.

An element which i have found to be quite annoying while leveling is the looooooooong wait times on the dungeon finder, im sure it's fine when people get max level. But since the amount of players active at the same time is alot less than what you see from the original game, since it counts all players on alle servers.

A way to fix this would be to make a script, which spawns an character with certain tricks depending on their role, and train an AI to be able to control and understand said role in said dungeon.

This is only for leveling, hence the overall brain of the characters spawned and controlled by AI is not required to be that high, there is alot of training materials in form of videos from others going through the different dungeons.

Which can be used to allow the AI the understand how to go through the dungeon, rules can be set to it depending on its class and role in said dungeon to follow certain steps etc.

And given that the area of training needed is quite fixed and in a not so broad way it should be faily easy to make this happen, my arguement for that is that we are working with a very very tiny resultset overall, and hence to train an AI to understand the rules it needs to follow are not that hard. Atleast imo.

An NPC / Character controller class need to be created which controls the input of the character, and then some training data is needed which can be applied to give basic knowledge of how to act inside x dungeon.

After the basic knowledge has been gathered the AI would be able to train itself further given certain rules to go by. and thus becomming better.

But this is merely an AI to be used with the Dungeon finder, so its not the wildest tactics it has to learn or anything.

This could help alot with new players, because the fact that dungeons are not happening / not really possible in low levels makes it less fun and also makes the leveling progress a lot more boring.

It could check if an group not found within 10 minutes, then it generates random bots to control characters for the missing positions i.e DMG; Healer and Tank.

I know this prob. would take a good amount of time to get stable and such.. But overall it would give an huge edge on all other private servers since it will give the feeling of activity on a broader spectrum..

This is merely my oppinion on an area that could and should be developed now that the tech we have easily would be able to make it work.

I worked with programming for many yrs, both in C++, PHP, NodeJS and others - and even worked with AI for a bit of time as well, ill gladly do my part to help with it if wanted.

Anyhow, just wanted to post my idea - which nobody seems to have implemented yet, tho something that should be rather easy to implement and to build.

So it's only a matter of time before it's here anyhow, and the private servers which have it will in the end win over the others because they are able to give a more complete experience.. If that makes sense..

Anyhow, have a good day. :)

And let me know if you want me to join in on helping with it, i would have no issues with that. That said it would not be a 37 hours a week since i got work amongst other things i have to do as well :)

Best Regards
Mike

thomasfrank

Re: AI Controlled Characters for Dungeon Finder when leveling

Post by thomasfrank » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:52 am

Hi Mike, I want to join in and lend my assistance to this project, utilizing my programming and AI expertise to contribute effectively. wordle unlimited