newbie here - questions

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
tewtew

newbie here - questions

Post by tewtew » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:03 pm

Hi,

I didnt download any special launcher for this site and changed my realmlist file to here and it works fine (i created a character and started playing). I saw an announcement just now saying 80-85 basin available, level 85??? I thought level 80 was the cap of wotlk? Also, i saw someone in game as a race I dont seem to have an option of making.

Do i need to download some file(s) to make my version of 3.3.5 do more stuff and allow me to level past 80?

KITZUNU

Re: newbie here - questions

Post by KITZUNU » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:56 pm

Hello,

As you noted this is WotLK and the max level is 80.

As for the races they are custom imported from Cataclysm, Worgens, and Goblins and you are highly advised to use our client when playing on the server to fix game-breaking bugs and make sure that you face no issues during your game experience.

Kind Regards,
Developer Kitzunu

Banned for no reason :shrug:

tewtew

Post by tewtew » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:55 pm

Thanks for the reply! How do i get your "client"? I tried downloading the client and launcher from the website and when i run it all my graphics look really bad (almost unplayable). I have a great video card 1080ti so i know its not my graphic card. I'm leary of downloading anything from a torrent site

when i try to run the launcher application (even in admin mode) it says "one or more of your MPQ files are corrupt. Please download a fresh client!" but if i run the Wow application, it lets me run in without any problems. When i downloaded all the files from the website (not from the torrent site) it doesnt change my version from 3.3.5 to 2.2.5 and almost everything has misplaced graphics including troll green ears on my night elf. and a backwards face on top of an orc head model.

KITZUNU

Post by KITZUNU » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:21 pm

This is the cause of corrupt client files as the Launcher suggested to you.

This can be fixed in 2 ways, either you delete your patch-enGB-A.mpq to D in your WoW-Mania/Data/enGB and start your launcher as an administrator to force a download. (Make sure that the launcher has wright allowances (Untick Read-Only and make sure it isn't in your Downloads folder on Windows))

or you can download a fully fresh client from the website (Torrent).

Kind Regards,
Developer Kitzunu

tewtew

Post by tewtew » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:37 pm

KITZUNU wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:21 pm
This is the cause of corrupt client files as the Launcher suggested to you.

This can be fixed in 2 ways, either you delete your patch-enGB-A.mpq to D in your WoW-Mania/Data/enGB and start your launcher as an administrator to force a download. (Make sure that the launcher has wright allowances (Untick Read-Only and make sure it isn't in your Downloads folder on Windows))

or you can download a fully fresh client from the website (Torrent).

Kind Regards,
I actually deleted all of the files and let the launch run (it downloaded a few files) after what appears to be "done" i clicked play on the top side thing and it loaded client 3.3.5 and when i logged on my night elf had orc ears again and everything looks really messed up. I guess I cant play on here :(

sucks cuz it looks like it would be a fun server to play on

tewtew

Post by tewtew » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:57 pm

it looks like if i delete the patch-W.MPQ, patch-X.MPQ and patch-Z.MPQ and all the files from data\enGB, the wow.exe works wonderful, all the graphics are super detailed and look nice. But that doesnt help since I am suppose to run the launcher, which downloads those files I have to delete to make the game look playable.

KITZUNU

Post by KITZUNU » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:06 am

Kitzunu wrote:or you can download a fully fresh client from the website (Torrent).
Developer Kitzunu

tewtew

Post by tewtew » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:00 am

broken down and got it via torrent (to my wife's pc first) lol, now i'm copying to an our nas and ill be playing it for sure this weekend. I do like the launcher screen with the undead area. Thanks for the help!

DuMichWasch

Post by DuMichWasch » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:54 pm

Hey nice to see your Forum works and will be used :) I'm new here and have noticed the green ears, horns and messed up faces. :shock: So i was reading all the coments and thought about my "/Data/enGB" Folder - short answer to my messed up faces , I fixed it bei Deleting the secound "/Data/enDe" forlder (enDe = german folder) :idea: . This folder was automaticly there because i installed the game via CD, its the german Version (patches are Gb).
I hope someone can fix the same problem. Have a nice day cyasoon :)