Client 2.5.0 - How to get it and what to do if it fails?

Everything you always wanted to know but was afraid to ask. Now with 200% more user guides and information.

Re: Client 2.5.0 - How to get it and what to do if it fails?

Postby Wolchara » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:40 am

Wolchara wrote:My launcher for some reason didn't update the client, so I decided to reistall the game entirely. But now for some reason the client tries to connect not to wow-mania, but to some us realm, though I have uchecked read-only on realmlist.wtf. Any ideas what's gone wrong?
https://dropmefiles.com/lWiUU

Nvm, solved it
Wolchara

Postby Gathios » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:02 pm

Hello everyone,

We've received a lot of feedback from our Maniac's about the new client. This client comes with a new launcher. For those having issues getting the new launcher.exe working properly and therefore not being able to update the client to 2.5.0, please get our updated client via this torrent. For easier interface setup, you could copy the WTF and Interface folder into the new root folder.

Please keep this torrent seeding for as long as you can.
Gathios
Game Master

Postby Filty » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:01 pm

Hello,

I just downloaded your Client from the link in previous post however I still have issues.

When I start the launcher, it checks for updates, imidiately goes to 100% and just after like 5s or so it switches off.

I did everything you said, I copied folder to C:/ I set read-only unchecked for folder also for realmlist.wtf. I set "Run as administrator" for launcher.exe.

I also downloaded separate launcher.exe - nothing, I downloaded separate patches - nothing.

Please help!
Filty

Postby TwEirMAdAInG » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:07 am

Filty wrote:When I start the launcher, it checks for updates, imidiately goes to 100% and just after like 5s or so it switches off.

I've spent the longest bloody time troubleshooting that problem.
Permissions, ProcMon debugging, fresh client (again).

Turns out, a week later, after rebooting my computer the launcher started working fine
TwEirMAdAInG

Postby 123_little_murlocs » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:34 am

Hello all,

I have read the thread extensively and followed the directions for the suggested fixes to no avail. I will happily provide any information needed to get this up and running. I DL'ed the client from the torrent and installed it in my (C:) drive, made sure the realmlist was correct and not set to read only (it was initially). When I use the launcher I get this screen stuck on DL'ing 100% of 38 kbs(???) and cannot interact with the play button. Usually with 20-30 seconds the Launcher just closes.

If I use the WoW.exe instead I can get to the login but after putting in user/pw I get "Authenicating" for a brief moment, followed by "You have been disconnected from the server".

Please help me if possible. I've been on 3 other private servers in the past 10 years and this one has been by far the most troublesome to get started on.
123_little_murlocs

Postby 123_little_murlocs » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:16 am

Figured out that my issue about not being able to enter the game via wow.exe was password related, and not a bug.

In case anyone else has a similar issue, please remember you have separate UN/PW for the forum and the game itself. :D :D
123_little_murlocs

Postby Amlach » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:25 am

Hi,

I too have been having problems, specifically with the new launcher. As of yesterday, I had been playing with client 2.4.0, and never had a problem until I tried to create a new character - I received an error whenever I tried - and it was suggested by a GM I update my client.

My 2.4.0 client's launcher told me there were no updates, so I downloaded the new launcher from the link provided by Janitor in an attempt to update my client from 2.4.0 to 2.5.0. However, whenever I opened the launcher, it would crash immediately five seconds thereafter, giving the error "wow-mania launcher has stopped working".

After a period of checking 'reading-only' on files; moving my client multiple locations; starting the launcher as administrator and restarting my computer, etc. none of them worked.

I decided may be best to re-download a fresh client, which I did via the link provided by Janitor. Unfortunately, it did not work and the launcher is still crashing five seconds after I open it. I have set permissions in my Anti-virus and Firewall, and tried to run the launcher with both of them disabled, too.

It seems that, like some people, I can open and log in to the game via the wow.exe with no problems. That being said, I would like to avoid playing that way because of possible bugs. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Amlach
Amlach

Postby svitol » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:24 am

Hello !
Well like some folks i do have a Launcher problem (wich it never worked tbh)
Everything is fine such as : permission through antivirus/firewall , UN-checked the "read-only" etc etc where we were told to do so
My game folder is on a external usb3.0 drive , root of it, wich shouldn't make a problem me think.
The installation has being made by the "torrent" installation pack.
I have tryed to download the Launcher AND the patch pack but no luck .
The game run fine but i have to start it from the client.
The Launcher ( started as a AdMin ) show itself, it try to check/download (maybe it has nothing to download) but it close hisself after about five seconds . So i can't press "Play" from it.
I'm on Windows 10 Pro, everything is up to date and the .net framework IS 4.5 .

I just don't understand why the Launcher won't work :(
svitol

Postby Tortuga » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:47 am

I've just spent some hours trying to fix the launcher crash, and it seems that the problem is in the launcher code itself. Tinkered with Windows access rights, reinstalled .NET Framework, nothing helps, still getting this report:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: Launcher.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.2.6879.17506
Problem Signature 03: 5c135ec9
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.7.3260.0
Problem Signature 06: 5bb7bcb6
Problem Signature 07: 1687
Problem Signature 08: fd
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.DirectoryNotFound
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1049
Additional Information 1: 4001
Additional Information 2: 400146c2da058a56de57d546d43eccef
Additional Information 3: 18e4
Additional Information 4: 18e4b4dbbb04d242f036dbd663bbc1eb

Actually, I'm not an expert in .NET programming, still my 10+ years experience as a Java developer :geek: whispers that if an application cannot find a system directory, it's the high time to look at the code. Most often the directory will be hardcoded, to be working just fine on the developer's system but no-one else's.
Tortuga

Postby Aymelek » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:57 am

Hello there

If repatch doesn't work, you will need redownload a fresh client ;)

I wish you a good session
Game Master Aymelek - Discord: Aymelek#0977

Support:
Discord: Janitor#2871
E-mail: support@wow-mania.com

Website & Social Media
Facebook: facebook.com/wowmaniauk
YouTube: WoW-Mania Private Server Ltd
Discord: discord.gg/R6DcdcP
Aymelek
Game Master

Previous