Client 2.5.0 - How to get it and what to do if it fails?

Everything you always wanted to know but was afraid to ask. Now with 200% more user guides and information.

Client 2.5.0 - How to get it and what to do if it fails?

Postby Janitor » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:58 pm

We have just released our new client v2.5.0.

For most people it will be trivial to get it, just start Launcher admin (as you always should) and wait for it to auto update your client.

If you happen to have any problems downloading it to through the Launcher try first getting our latest launcher (1MB) here:
https://mega.nz/#!xy5WGaxS!ZkC4-2T6Sfiq ... 8qRxgOk3Uw
This should solve your problem in most cases.

Another way is to download all the patches up to our current one 2.5.0 (2.4GB). You can get it here:
https://mega.nz/#!QyA2kSKT!T3sANLrawv2J ... MsydKBT6lo

If you don't have our client, has a really old one you need to download our new torrent from scratch (19GB). You can download the torrent here:
https://www.wow-mania.com/files/WoW-Mania-2.5.0.torrent

If after all the above you still have problems post it here and maybe the staff or some member of the community can help you.

As always you can find all the links above in a single place: Downloads

IMPORTANT: Please do not create other threads about issues download the client. They will simply be deleted.
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Re: Client 2.5.0 - How to get it and what to do if it fails?

Postby dimman321 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:08 pm

Hey Jani! :)
At first I had trouble, being a box ingame that is. Redownloaded launcher, ran as admin - still box.
Then I redownloaded all your patches using the link - that fixed it, im not a box anymore (running exe).
But now when I run launcher as admin it wants to download another patch but aborts at 11-13mb downloaded.
All this is being done with AV off.
Could you post another link in this thread for the latest patch aswell please?
/Congressman
dimman321

Postby sarahkay88 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Currently having the same issue, however I used the new launcher first link https://mega.nz/#!07xzxYIB!rCjyBcq-3-2c ... 6MGLBsNcjI. but every time I use the launcher it starts to download a new patch an gets to 60% jumps back to 30% then aborts the download.
sarahkay88

Postby Janitor » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:01 pm

This sounds strange to me.
Try getting just the Launcher which is just 2mb.
In theory, after you applied the patch it should all be OK unless they were placed in the wrong folders.
Contact me on DIscord if you still have problems and I will help you.
Janitor
Owner

Postby Janitor » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:02 pm

sarahkay88 wrote:Currently having the same issue, however I used the new launcher first link https://mega.nz/#!07xzxYIB!rCjyBcq-3-2c ... 6MGLBsNcjI. but every time I use the launcher it starts to download a new patch an gets to 60% jumps back to 30% then aborts the download.

The "jump back" just means it started downloading the next file.
Make sure the launcher has read-write access or it won't be allowed to save what it is downloading.
Janitor
Owner

Postby jarvik » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:33 pm

I'm experiencing the same symptoms. The client does say v2.5.0, but the launcher still tries to download 2GB of patches, and quits at about 70MB done
Specifically it tries to get patch-Z.MPQ and patch-enGB-B.MPQ
I don't seem to have any problems logging in though if I use the application without the launcher.
jarvik

Postby jarvik » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:42 pm

More info - I downloaded the 2.4Gb patch from the link in this post & applied.... after applying now the new Launcher no longer tries to download data, but quits to desktop after about 5 seconds.
Launching WoW "manually" is fine, client still says 2.5.0
jarvik

Postby Barnes77 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:33 pm

Thanks for the update! Just a small question: I notice whenever there's a new patch like this one, somehow my wow-mania launcher goes back to read-only. I'm certainly not changing it myself, and I doubt my laptop is (Windows 10 Home). I can live with un-checking the read-only box each time, but is there a way to make that unnecessary that I'm missing? Thanks.
Barnes77

Postby Janitor » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:54 pm

That is Windows being a pain. You need to move the client folder away from anything controlled by Windows.
Ex: C:\wow-mania or any other drive D, E: etc. just make sure you place it at the root of the drive.
Janitor
Owner

Postby Wolchara » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:11 am

My launcher for some reason didn't update the client, so I decided to reistall the game entirely. But now for some reason the client tries to connect not to wow-mania, but to some us realm, though I have uchecked read-only on realmlist.wtf. Any ideas what's gone wrong?
https://dropmefiles.com/lWiUU
Wolchara

Next

Return to Guides & Information