only 35 FPS

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.

only 35 FPS

Postby thorquemada » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:21 pm

like the title says, i can only play on 35 FPS, wether on low or ultra. is this normal? i seem to remember playing WoW on 60 FPS on other servers. not complaining, i'm just curious.
thorquemada

Re: only 35 FPS

Postby Saintz » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:39 pm

thorquemada wrote:like the title says, i can only play on 35 FPS, wether on low or ultra. is this normal? i seem to remember playing WoW on 60 FPS on other servers. not complaining, i'm just curious.

Hello Maniac!

If you are getting low FPS, that would have to do with your hardware. Not the server itself.

You may want to ensure your GPU drivers are up to date. That may help!

Sincerely,
Game Master Saintz
Saintz
Game Master

Postby Ashkorne » Sun May 06, 2018 7:16 am

FYI: I used to get horrendous (sub 45FPS) framerates on any setting, regardless of resolution. The first thing I did was disable all addons. Then enable them, one after the other. Testing each time.

My FPS hit was quickly traced to PowerAuras. With it installed I was getting 45FPS. With it uninstalled I was getting 145FPS. On ultra.

Check your addons. Some of them will be killing your performance. GearScore is another FPS hog. Try searching for GearScore Lite instead.
Ashkorne

Postby Saintz » Thu May 10, 2018 2:35 am

Ashkorne wrote:FYI: I used to get horrendous (sub 45FPS) framerates on any setting, regardless of resolution. The first thing I did was disable all addons. Then enable them, one after the other. Testing each time.

My FPS hit was quickly traced to PowerAuras. With it installed I was getting 45FPS. With it uninstalled I was getting 145FPS. On ultra.

Check your addons. Some of them will be killing your performance. GearScore is another FPS hog. Try searching for GearScore Lite instead.

Hello!

Great tip for anyone else having this issue!

Have you tried running the client as Administrator to see if that helps? Sometimes weird things like that can make a difference.

Sincerely,
Game Master Saintz
Saintz
Game Master

Return to General Chat