Wintergrasp

A place to talk about the PVP aspects of Redemption

Wintergrasp

Postby retropro » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi!
First of all, I would like to say, that this is a great PVE server! Having said that, Wintergrasp is a mess. I read, that the horde vs alliance numbers are said to be more or less equal on the server, but It doesn´t look like that... at least not in Wintergrasp. i know, this is a PVE server, but you do provide and promote PVP and reward it with Maniac points and so on. But Wintergrasp is broken. The horde always outnumber alliances and not with a one or two player, but usually by a lot. Now you could say, maybe the allaince player just don´t want to PVP at Wintergrasp, but that is not the case. Ok, some don´t, because alliances is outnumbered and loses 99/100 times. And the thing is, the horde players, who I can´t really blame, because they want to play as horde and they want to PVP, get more Maniac points, more honour and better gear as a result. A few alliance players queue up and try to have fun, but it just doesn´t happen most times. So either somehow cap the number of horde player that can join or scrap Wintergrasp all together and automatically give every level 80 horde player 2 Maniac point every 90 minutes, (The tenacity buff does next to nothing) because that is essentially happening right now. This is written out of concern and if nothing changes, then those few alliance players will most likely quit Wintergrasp and possible the server. I know, it´s free server for us players and, who cares If I go or a few more, but think about it...If the Alliance side dies out, whats the point of playing Horde. For the survival of the server, the people running it, need to figure something up quickly.

Hope something good comes out of this post.
Thanks for reading! :)
retropro

Re: Wintergrasp

Postby beefmachine » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:28 pm

First of all what you call mess is from YOUR point of view. Absolutely none of the points are valid or deserve any intervention from GMs or Admins.
The server is extremely well-balanced with a ratio close to 0.95 (a slight surplus in horde). This totally normal.
The fact that more Horde queue is circumstantial. Probably more PvP-minded people promoting inside their guild or among their group. It's up to Alliance or YOU to do the same.
I honestly failed to see any point or objective of the message you post other then pure venting your frustration.
Just roll-up your sleeves and go form your Alliance PvP-minded group or guild. People will join you.
beefmachine
Game Master

Postby stefannel » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:58 am

Hi.
I have opened also a topic on suggestion to boost up the pvp by disabling/making wintergrasp less honor awarding and promoting battle grounds. As you feel, pvp is dead here.
http://www.wow-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=562
Check and comment. Thanks.
stefannel

Postby Coma » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Alliance lose WG because they don't show up. When they do show up they win. I don't know how else to put that.
One thing I have noticed is no matter what side wins the numbers drastically change the next round. More seem to join from the winning side and less from the losing side.
Coma

Postby Undecim » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:14 pm

retropro wrote:Hi!
First of all, I would like to say, that this is a great PVE server! Having said that, Wintergrasp is a mess. I read, that the horde vs alliance numbers are said to be more or less equal on the server, but It doesn´t look like that... at least not in Wintergrasp. i know, this is a PVE server, but you do provide and promote PVP and reward it with Maniac points and so on. But Wintergrasp is broken. The horde always outnumber alliances and not with a one or two player, but usually by a lot. Now you could say, maybe the allaince player just don´t want to PVP at Wintergrasp, but that is not the case. Ok, some don´t, because alliances is outnumbered and loses 99/100 times. And the thing is, the horde players, who I can´t really blame, because they want to play as horde and they want to PVP, get more Maniac points, more honour and better gear as a result. A few alliance players queue up and try to have fun, but it just doesn´t happen most times. So either somehow cap the number of horde player that can join or scrap Wintergrasp all together and automatically give every level 80 horde player 2 Maniac point every 90 minutes, (The tenacity buff does next to nothing) because that is essentially happening right now. This is written out of concern and if nothing changes, then those few alliance players will most likely quit Wintergrasp and possible the server. I know, it´s free server for us players and, who cares If I go or a few more, but think about it...If the Alliance side dies out, whats the point of playing Horde. For the survival of the server, the people running it, need to figure something up quickly.

Hope something good comes out of this post.
Thanks for reading! :)

Agree and the situation is still the same one year later. Horde is better geared because of the pvp tokens and arena gear. In wintergrasp the attacking group must be at least 2 times bigger or much better geared then the opponents. If not no chance to win the battle. The situation in retail wotlk some years ago was quit different. Raids of 40 against 40 . There allways were a few players who manage to break the walls and door and win.
However it's fun to battle but winning must not be important to you.
i said it more then once. Give player max gear and let them play. Of course trade against maniac tokens. You will see in a short while we will have balanced pvp bg
Undecim

Return to PVP - Player versus Player