General Support

Can't use Launcher on Linux

Need support regarding: Connecting issues, launcher issues, website issues or client bugs? Make a thread in here and our staff will be with you shortly.
Forum rules
NOT FOR IN-GAME SUPPORT.

Can't use Launcher on Linux

Postby Thrombor2017 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Hello,

Im using Debian 8.7 and followed that guide to run WoW under Linux :
http://www.wow-mania.com/forums/topic/180

The issue is : I can't start WoW from the launche.exe (see error below), i can only run the game from WoW.exe so when the game will get an update, i guess i won't be able to play anymore. So i am asking for your help if you know how i can use the launcher.

here is the command i use and the error i get :
wine path/to/game/WoW-Mania-2.0.6b/Launcher.exe

then i get this :
The entry point method could not be loaded

I've already searched for some informations on this issue but can't find anything..
Thrombor2017

Re: Can't use Launcher on Linux

Postby Janitor » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:17 am

Launcher is an Windows app only.
We do not support Linux directly.
You should be OK using the wow.exe and keeping an eye open for updates.
If we have any new updates you will need to download them and manually apply to your client installation.
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby Thrombor2017 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Thanks for answering :)

So is this the right page to check when there will be an update : https://www.wow-mania.com/downloads
i can see at the bottom
Files were last updated: January 17th, 2017.
so i guess it is.

I just want to be ready in case of an incoming update so what i will need to do is to download
All Patches - for enGB clients only: Patches.zip - Zip (3.34 GB)
Note: This will only work on a clean 3.3.5a enGB client.
then simply paste over old files?
Thrombor2017

Postby Thrombor2017 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:14 pm

Sorry for double post, i saw that on the downloads section, files were updated on 25 april so i just need some informations just to be sure:
When downloading the game with the torrent file, then unzip it and start wow, are the files already updated ?
I mean as i'm using linux, i can't use the launcher so IF i forgot to download the patchs (3.34GB) from the downloads section my game won't be updated right ?

BTW, would it not be more convenient to be able to download only the latest files instead of downloading once again the whole patches folder ? Because it is around 3 GB :|

As the patch folder size is 3.34 GB (displayed on the download page) there are all the updates from day one to now, right ? :D

I know thoses questions can look a bit stupid but i really want to be sure and i want to play with my game running the latest patches/updates. :)
Thrombor2017

Return to Support