Not sure why this got deleted..

Got a good idea to improve the server or some constructive feedback? Post it here.

Not sure why this got deleted..

Postby dsxcore » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:34 pm

Hello,

I just recently started playing here as you guys offered some pretty cool things but what I failed to realize when I joined was that this was a PvE server, which didn't bother me too much until I found out that no one even does battlegrounds here. I'd like to suggest some changes to make to this server;

Things that could be removed:
[*]Gear for maniac points needs to be removed or at least down scaled to two tiers below current content instead of 1.
[*]The mall while really awesome, should not be there. The npcs can be moved to respective main cities and maybe even Booty Bay where they were before. The mall can then be used as an event center or something so that your amazing creation isn't wasted.
[*]The teleport stones.
[*]Flying in azeroth has to go, it's not blizzlike and azeroth pre cataclysm wasn't designed for it.
[*]Remove revive and xp part of the ViP membership. Make this so queue skipping is allowed because after making some changes this server is going to be quite full.

Things that can be added for a long lasting server:
[*]Update world bosses to be harder and drop relevant items, maybe even make some new ones as well-- or a super hard one that drops your maniac gear?
[*]Make the server PvP, I know most of the current population is against it but most people are used to playing on PvP servers.
[*]Add scripted Chest events that spawn in random areas of Azeroth announcing their location so players can make teams and head towards them.
[*]Each time a player of the opposing faction is killed the player receives a fraction of a Maniac point and when a certain number of these are combined you are rewarded with 1 maniac point.
[*]Add an instant 67 option for those that do not wish to go through Azeroth and Outlands again. This option could be done through start zone npc that would level them and also hand out blue gear for their respective class as well as teleport them to their factions transportation to Northrend.
[*]Make Azeroth and outland dungeons more interesting by adding rare bosses to them that drop slightly better than average gear for their level-- this will make the content have somewhat of a new feeling to it.
[*]Make rare npc's throughout Azeroth and outlands always give rare items and massive bonus xp-- this will create PvE hunts similar to PvP players doing the bounty hunts-- maybe they also drop 1-2 maniac points?
[*]Make a special high level bounty that players can put on other players that also rewards 1-3 Maniac points at random.

I hope you like my ideas and consider implementing some of them. Maybe this isn't for Redemption and you add another server that is PvP and content is progressively released? We could call this server Revenge of the Fallen :)

**please note I'm not saying anything is wrong with your server I'm just trying to give suggestions that would improve the experience for PvP and PvE players. If this server was PvP I would be bringing everyone here.**
dsxcore

Re: Not sure why this got deleted..

Postby Xerjol » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:56 pm

It's kinda funny how you want flying part etc removed because it isn't blizzlike, yet you want them to add custom bosses and revamp current existing world boss loot. Double standards!

Mall is fine, i hate the place and almost never visit it, however im fine with it being there and storing all of those NPC's because i remember how my frames used to slightly drop in Booty Bay while being near them.
Also, level boosts are already available for purchase with Maniac points in Stormwind/Orgrimmar and they include gear, at least lvl 77 boost does, not sure about the other ones.
VIP Exp is the only reason why it's actually being bought, and it doesn't bother me one bit as it doesn't affect my playing experience.
MP gear is already scaled down 2 tiers below, at least PvE gear, but it can be bypassed with MP---->EoT currency change, or even MP---->EoF (while EoF is incredibly expensive, it's still possible to fully gear a new toon in T10 and full EoF gear, even i have 2 toons fully 251/264 geared from MP). While im not a huge fan of buying gear using MP (i do it as well because i don't want to intentionally cripple myself while others are doing it), it kinda does help the raiding scene seeing it's not a progressive server, and i guess it also does make getting into pvp far easier because most of us already have fully Relentless or Wrathful gear and having new players jump in with furious gear is deffo gonna make it a living hell for them.

While I'm sure this post is going to be appreciated by the WoW-Mania team, i highly doubt they'll implement any of these changes (perhaps remove the stones at most). And i for one, definitely, don't want to see these custom changes take place, if any of them DO get implemented, might as well call it a fun server.
Overall, i think these changes suit a fun server and not a PvE or a PvP server, and having any of these changes would be a major overkill to the current amount of custom stuff that already is here.
Seraxe <3
Xerjol

Postby dsxcore » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:01 am

Hey Xerjol,

I see that I forgot to provide reasoning for these changes when I originally posted-- the removal of of flying mounts in Azeroth is not only because it's not blizz-like it's just that it kind of kills any world PvP we might have in Azeroth if this was a PvP server. The experience removal from ViP is because I think it would be nicer for it to just be variable by command instead of paying real money for it, but if this is the only reason people go for the premium membership then I guess it's okay. The insta 67 is merely a suggestion for those players on other servers that don't want to start from the beginning. The other suggestions I made are just to add more things to do end game to keep players here longer. They are just revamping old content to make it the game more interesting and less of the same. Your definition of a fun server must be different than mine-- a fun server to me is a server where your insta max level and have access to all gear in the game from a mall, plus lots and lots of stair events.
dsxcore

Postby ingelinge40 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:13 am

When this was a PvP server i would not be on this server, i love it that i can play whithout being underattack all the time.
Not everyone likes PvP and that is the reason they start to play on a PvE funserver. There is room for PvP in batllegrounds and arena, But the number off people that join arena is minnimal. Unless they get special awards for it. So the whole idea of making this a PvP server is not my idea, When that would happen i probaly won't play much anymore. The instant level up is something i don,t like at all, i prefer to level my chars so i can learn how they work . If players want instant levels they can have that in mall. But instant levels isn't making it a fun server.
ingelinge40

Postby Janitor » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:45 am

Thanks for your feedback.

Most of the features you described as "has got to go" are now a trade mark of WoW-Mania.
Being a Blizzlike server does not mean identical to Blizzard, it means similar or like Blizzard.
Wotlk is from 2010 and we are in 2017, Blizzard has moved on in many aspects and so should we. We maintain the Blizzlike experience of Wotlk but also add 7 years of improvements and know-how of what works and what doesn't.
We are by no means stuck in the old ways of how software and games used to be written and played. We will evolve as times change, we will try our best to keep a balance of old and new. Whatever works and whatever is preferred by the majority of players in this server.
Can we please everyone? Of course not!
Having said that we will try our best to provide the best experience possible combining the best of old and new World of Warcraft. We have over 10 years of Blizzard's successes and failures to leverage on and we will not throw that away.
Please keep your suggestions coming.
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby Ethne » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Xerjol wrote:...even i have 2 toons fully 251/264 geared from MP). While im not a huge fan ...

That's 810 EoF meaning 4050 MP, you farmed that? I know there are various efficient ways to farm it but even if you are an old player it's pretty amazing.
Ethne

Postby Xerjol » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:27 pm

Ethne wrote:
Xerjol wrote:...even i have 2 toons fully 251/264 geared from MP). While im not a huge fan ...

That's 810 EoF meaning 4050 MP, you farmed that? I know there are various efficient ways to farm it but even if you are an old player it's pretty amazing.

Arena is incredibly efficient when it comes to MP farming.
Seraxe <3
Xerjol

Postby stefannel » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:33 am

Hello dxcore,
Other people have also suggested this aspect of inexistent PvP.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=754
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=562
Some steps have been done but they are so minor.
As long as Wintergrasp is not closed (and VOa made available for every1), ppl won't queue for battlegrounds because "what is the use of pvp, why pvp".
I am unhappy to see that people prefer to level up alts and join pug icc with their 2-3-4 alts than spend the time in battlegrounds.
Pve content is absolutely fine, but Wow-Mania is loosing the PvP players. They will not be able to keep them for much long if things don't turn around.
All it takes is : 1. Make Northrend PvP area (so "pvp -flag -disable won't work).
2. Close wintergrasp (make VoA available for every1).
3. This way, after being butchered for 10 levels, some1 will definetly join battlegrounds and get pvp gear and revenge all the deaths.
stefannel

Postby ingelinge40 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:44 pm

IBy making Northerend a PvP area without the possibility to dissable PvP off, then the game pleasure from a lot other players are screwed. and they stop playing it is so annoying while you are busy whit queste then constantly getting attacked and camped by them for there fun. And destroying the fun of others
ingelinge40

Postby ghostcbs » Wed May 31, 2017 8:08 am

I would suggest portals in the main cities to other main cities. eg a portal to dala from org an so forth, maybe to the dungeons as well. pve must stay, if people wanna do world pvp they can just put there pvp on.
ghostcbs

Next

Return to Suggestions