General Support

Voting

Need support regarding: Connecting issues, launcher issues, website issues or client bugs? Make a thread in here and our staff will be with you shortly.
Forum rules
NOT FOR IN-GAME SUPPORT.

Voting

Postby Khalon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:09 am

I've recently been having an issue voting on the website. I vote on all six websites as usual but I only receive 5 VP every day. I haven't changed anything with the way that I vote and I used to get all six so I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem or if there's someone who can offer any advice on this.
Khalon

Re: Voting

Postby Wolchara » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:17 am

I also noticed that. But I desided to do an experiment first: I wasn't voting for the last 3 days, and voted today on all six websites. I now need to wait till tomorrow to find out how many points I will get.
Wolchara

Postby stefannel » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:09 pm

Hello.
I can confirm that.
Before swapping to the new vote tokens I was getting 6 Vote points every day as I was voting all 6 sites.
For at least 1 month I only get max 5 tokens (sometimes even 4) even though I vote on all 6 sites.
Can the staff maybe look into it?
Thanks.
stefannel

Postby Janitor » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:36 pm

This has already been answered many times in the forum.
Please just do a quick search.
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby Wolchara » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:34 am

Looks like we are on our own here guys, so we will have to solve the problem ourselves.

So the results of my experiment.
I was not votig on June 16, 17 and 18 but continued playing. When I logged in yesterday (June 19) I received no vote points, so we can say the result is adequate.
I went to vote page yesterday and voted on all 6 websites. When I logged in today I received only 5 vote point. So my guess is that one of the websites is not sending wow-mania the confirmation of our votes. I will now vote on two websites per day till I find the guilty one.

To Janitor.

Do you know what is the most expensive thing in the world? Time. The forum search shows more than 60 results for "vote". Most of us adults here, we have full-time jobs, families and other important matters to attend. Noone will waste their time on reading 60 forum posts. It is much easier and faster to start a new topic. If you can't deal with it then you should find someone who can.

Answering in a manner that you did is not we are expecting from a person who claims his server and team to be the best out there. Imagine you came to a store you have never been before and asked a shop assistant where you can find the goods you need, and you get the answer "Are you blind? Can't you see the signs over your head?". This exactly how your own answer sounds.

I have been workng as a support for 3 years and now I am a client manager. And one thing that I've learned that no matter how many tims and at what places you will put the information, people will still come to you and ask same questions again and again. You must accept it if you are doing a service for other people.
Wolchara

Postby Metaxa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:25 am

Hi,

First of all I would like to give you the link on this forum about how to vote: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=186&p=444&hilit=voting#p444

Vote sites are a "third party". Sometimes one of the sites isn't distributing the points like they should do. I think that's the case right now. We do not compensate for this.

We appreciate the time that players use to vote for the server. It will increase population, something we all benefit from :-)
The reward is nice, but it's still a "Thank you for voting" reward.

In my humble opinion there's not much wrong with Janitor's reply. He just forwarded you to other topics made in the past and he kindly requested you to do a quick search. Starting a new topic each time something is wrong with the vote sites or something else is just not effective. Please don't make something out of nothing.

As I said. apparently one of the vote sites is down. We will try to make it work again or replace it.
When we know which one is down, i will edit it here so you know which one it is.

Enjoy your day,

Gamemaster Metaxa.
Metaxa
Game Master

Postby Janitor » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:27 pm

Wolchara wrote:Do you know what is the most expensive thing in the world? Time.

It's a good think that at least you get this point...
So now imagine 1000 players asking the same question and wanting a personalized answer just because they cannot be bothered to spend 30 seconds searching similar cases.

Do you need me to teach you how to search the forum effectively also?

As Metaxa said this topic has been covered exhaustively and 99% of the time it is just a rehash of an old one where I patiently explain the same thing over and over again.

So I am sorry if I left a little to the player's initiative to sort it, as you said time cost me quite a lot and I have a lot of people with some real issues to help.
Architect of Disruption since 1995
Janitor
Owner

Postby Wolchara » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:22 pm

Janitor wrote:So now imagine 1000 players asking the same question and wanting a personalized answer just because they cannot be bothered to spend 30 seconds searching similar cases.

There is a very easy way to manage it: save the answers to the questions that people often ask in a separate file and just copy-paste them whenever needed. This allows posting an answer in less than a minute and makes everyone happy.
Wolchara

Postby Wolchara » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:34 am

Metaxa wrote:
apparently one of the vote sites is down.

Looks like it is XtremeTop100. The dayday before yesterday I voted there and on TopG, and when I logged in yesterday I received only one vote point. So after that I voted on XtremeTop100 only. I have just logged in and received no vote points.
Wolchara

Postby timpug » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:36 pm

Where do I find the links to vote? I found it once while wandering around the site but can't seem to find it again. Would placing the link on the home page make sense?
timpug

Next

Return to Support