New Launcher Gives Trojan Alert

Anything goes here! Have your say, discuss anything from kittens to your favorite ice cream.
Post Reply
ELECTRONGINEER
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:13 pm

New Launcher Gives Trojan Alert

Post by ELECTRONGINEER »

Hey, I downloaded new patch as full patch via torrent and also as only launcher version but both exe's are flagged as "Trojan.MSIL.Crypt" do you have any info on this?
LegionPrime
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:52 pm

Re: New Launcher Gives Trojan Alert

Post by LegionPrime »

Mine runs fine...looks good too.
Todeskiwi
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:24 pm

Re: New Launcher Gives Trojan Alert

Post by Todeskiwi »

Yes, the classification "MSIL.Crypt" is correct but that only means that the MSIL code has been obfuscated (which it has been - they use Dotfuscator) but after de-obfuscation I can verify that the file you're talking about is a dropper for the actual launcher and so the "Trojan" classification is a bit misleading.
I am not vouching for the dropper as they can simply change the file being dropped at any point but I can vouch for the actual launcher it dropped for me (SHA-256 4ddb08c0a5e4efee1908ae52b2d06b6ebb18be945f527fabcd7781df04b74622) to be clean of malware/trojans.
Post Reply